Mirchi Ka Salan Recipe is a traditional Hyderabadi dish prepared for weddings and special occasions. In other words, it is a chilli and peanut curry that usually accompanies the famous Hyderabadi Biryani. Sometimes the chilies can also be substituted with tomatoes and eggplant which then becomes tamatey ka salan and baingan ka salan.
- 2 tablespoons – peanuts
- 2 tablespoons – sesame
- 1 tablespoons – poppy seeds / khus khus
- ¼ tablespoons- methi / fenugreek
- 2 tablespoons -dry coconut (sliced)
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ cup water
- for salan:
- 3 tablespoons- oil
- 6 chili (slit)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- few curry leaves
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoons chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoons coriander powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon- salt
- 1 cup tamarind extract
- ½ tablespoons jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons- Coriander (finely chopped)
- Take a dry pan and fry two tablespoons of peanuts on low flame
- Add sesame, Poppy seeds, Methi, and dry coconut.
- Fry them on low flame until they turn golden brown.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixer and add two cloves garlic, 1 inch ginger and ½ cup water.
- Blend this mixture into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Then take a pan and heat three tablespoons of oil and add green chilies.
- In the same oil, splutter one tablespoon of mustard, 1 tablespoon cumin and a few curry leaves.
- Then add ½ onion and ½ tablespoon turmeric, one tablespoon chilli powder, ½ tablespoon garam masala, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, ½ tablespoon cumin powder and ½ tablespoon salt.
- Then add one cup tamarind extract and ½ tablespoon jaggery and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the oil separates.
- Finally, the yummy dish is ready and enjoy your mirchi ka salan with biryani.
- Mirchi Ka Salan Recipe — Best for easy digestion
- Reduces the spiciness in your Biryani and keeps you cool
- Reduces the chance of overheating caused in your body.
Know More: Hyderabadi Special Dessert Nizami Kheer Recipe
Badamwari Garden - A Visual Treat in Kashmir
More from Author