Seafood is loved by one and all and every region has a different style of making fish curries. When it comes to the region of Andhra Pradesh, Bommidala Pulusu is a hot favorite. The dish has a generous amount of spices mixed with aromatics inside it, and these spices make for a brilliant burst of flavors inside your mouth.
- 5 slices of fish- Bommidala variety
- 5-6 Tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4-5 split green chillies
- A handful of curry leaves
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1-2 tsp salt or to taste1 cup tamarind extract
- Take bommidalu fish and add turmeric, salt, lemon juice and mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Then take a vessel and heat oil and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and chillies and fry until onions turn light brownish
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, salt, Coriander powder, red chilli powder and cook for 5 minutes with low flame.
- Add tamarind juice and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and cook for 10 minutes.
- At last, add garam masala and remove from heat. Bommidala pulusu is ready
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot rice
This traditional Andhra fish curry is available in almost every restaurant of this region.
Know More: Madurai’s Famous Cottonseed Milk Recipe