Hyderabadi Boti Kabab is an easy snack option for any big occasion or your next home dinner party. Boti Kebabs are mutton cubes marinated in a myriad of spices and cooked in aromatic saffron, rose petal paste and coconut. Boti means meat and Kebab is cooked on low flame in a Tandoor.
- Kebab1 Kg mutton cubes (extra clean, from male goat thigh)
- 50 gms ginger paste
- 100 gms raw papaya paste
- 100 gms white onion paste
- 150 gms brown onion, finely chopped
- 150 gms desi ghee
- 5 gms yellow chilli powder
- 5 gms coriander powder to taste salt
- 5 gms garam masala
- 5 gms potli masala
- 20 gms chana dal flavour, roasted
- 100 gms curd
- 5 gms rose petal paste,1 gms saffron
- 300 gms poppy seeds paste
- 10 gms cashew paste
- 10 gms almond paste
- 10 gms chiroli paste
- 5 gms desiccated coconut powder, 10 ml kewra
- 4 pcs clove
- 6 pcs green cardamom
- Take a wide bowl, put washed mutton cubes and add ginger paste, raw papaya paste, white onion paste, curd, coriander powder, yellow chili powder, garam masala, potli masala, salt and brown onions.
- Blend well with the help of both hands, keep in a refrigerator or in a cool place for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take a pan and put on heat. Add ghee, then clove and cardamom, after roasting put the entire marinated mutton, add some amount of water, roasted chana powder and stir vigorously.
- Put on medium flame, cover it for almost 15 minutes till completely done.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid when the mutton is almost done. Now add cashew, almond, chironji paste, dessicated coconut powder, rose petals and poppy paste.
- Now add saffron water and kewra water, stir 2-3 times and close the flame.
- Garnish with fine onion rings and coriander leaves.
Know More: Best Restaurants to Try in Gurgaon
More from Author