Hyderabadi Phirni is a creamy pudding which is one of the most popular dessert recipes made with ground rice and milk. Phirni is usually prepared during festivals and special occasions. What makes this Hyderabadi Phirni recipe different from Kheer and other Indian desserts is the rich & creamy texture of the delicacy that is prepared with a rice blend. In Hyderabad, you find this desert in every nook and corner of the old city area near Charminar and Pista house serves you the best Phirni.
- 1 cup soaked basmati rice
- 1/2 gm khoya
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom
- Rinse and soak rice for at least 1 hour. Then grind to a rawa like consistency.
- Mix rice rawa with ¼cup milk and set aside.
- Bring the remaining milk and sugar to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- Add the rice mixture to the boiling milk, then cook on medium flame stirring frequently to avoid scorching until rice is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and ground cardamom, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add rose syrup.
- Pour into serving bowls and chill completely, for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Garnish it with raisins, cashews, almonds and pistachios.
Explore More: Goan Chicken Cafreal Recipe
Top 5 Markets in Delhi for Shopping
Gwalior – The City That Breathes Music
More from Author