Double Ka Meetha is a delicious recipe which is nothing but bread dipped in saffron flavored milk and baked perfectly. Double ka meetha is a popular Hyderabadi dessert made absolutely easily. It is a must at all Hyderabadi weddings and costs quite low to make.
- 2 cups Full Fat Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 4-5 Saffron Strands(kesar)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 6 Brown Bread or White Bread slices
- Ghee (clarified butter), for shallow frying
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cashew nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon sliced Almonds
- Take a pan and heat the milk on medium flame. Reduce flame and cook until milk quantity turns half.
- Then add saffron strands and cardamom powder and mix well. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Now take water and sugar in a pan to prepare the sugar syrup. Boil it over medium flame until it gets sticky.
- Take bread now and remove edges of bread slices and cut each slice into 2 triangles.
- Now take the bread and deep fry the pieces.
- Then dip each crispy bread piece into prepared sugar syrup.
- Pour thickened milk over it. Garnish double ka meetha with almonds, raisins and cashew nuts.
- Serve it at room temperature or place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to enjoy it cold.