Nizami Kheer Recipe, or Khoya Kheer, is a rice kheer that is made richer and creamier with rich milk and solids of khoya or mawa. It is a very ancient and traditional Shahi desert that has been in Hyderabad for many years. It is a special dessert that is served at Hyderabadi weddings. Nizami Kheer is rich in texture and has dry fruits and khoya as its main ingredients.
Milk – 1 liter
Rice – 50 grams
Cashews – 12
Almonds – 12
Pistachios – 12
Custard powder – 3 teaspoons Milk as required
Khowa (dried milk) – 200 grams
Sugar – 150 gram or more
Saffron strands – 4 pinches
Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoons
Condensed milk – 3 tablespoons
vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoons
1. The first step is to rinse and drain the rice and keep it aside.
2. Then heat ghee in a pan and add the grated Khoya to it.
3. Once this is done, the saute will start to melt and form a pasty liquid.
4. Next step is to add the rice to the saute and boil it for a couple of minutes.
5. In the meantime, warm two tablespoons of milk and add saffron to it.
6. Then, add the rest of the milk to the rice and let it come to a slow boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 30 mins.
8. Finally add the bloomed saffron and the cardamom to it and mix well.
9. Serve hot or cold with sliced pistachios and almonds.
1. Khoya Kheer is best for digestion and develops your immunity
2. Khoya is high in calcium and is a protein-rich food.
3. Khoya is rich in B vitamins such as riboflavin and vitamin B12.
4. Lastly, if it’s made of fortified milk, it gives you a good amount of vitamin D.
Know More: Mutton Marag Recipe in Hyderabadi Style
More from Author