Mutton Marag Recipe food has been the part and parcel of Nizami culture for years together. The one dish which has been super popular from years together is the Hyderabadi Mutton Marag Recipe. It is a slow cooked mutton stew filled with Indian spices and is served as a starter and is a must at every typical Hyderabadi wedding. Let’s look at the simple way to make it.
- Mutton – 1 KG
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoons
- Salt as required
- Green chillies paste of 6 chillies
- Clarified butter – 3 tablespoon
- Onions – 2
- Curd/Yogurt – 100 gram
- Black Peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Cashews – 20
- Almonds – 20
- White pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – 3 tablespoon
- Coriander and mint leaves
- Green Chilli – 1
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Add the meat in a pressure cooker and cook it for five whistles on medium flame.
- Crush the cashew nuts and coconut in a blender to make a fine paste.
- Once the pressure is out from the cooker, add garam masala powder, coriander powder, and cashew-coconut paste.
- Then add the whisked Yogurt to the saute for close to a minute.
- Once the above steps are done, the oil separates from the saute automatically.
- Then add coriander leaves, mint leaves and simmer it on low flame for over five minutes.
- Cool it down a bit and your yummy juicy Hyderabadi Mutton Marg is ready to serve.
- It is best eaten with Rumali Roti or Sheermal.
- Mutton Marag Recipe is a rich source of Iron for your body
- The Mutton Marag/soup develops your body’s metabolism rate
- Immunity booster- In the bygone era, Mutton Marag was eaten for developing immunity.
More from Author