Most of the people think that visiting a Black Buck Sanctuary is going to be a boring experience for them, but what they don’t know about is, traveling to a Black Buck Sanctuary in Abohar can be a thrilling and educational experience.
Black bucks also known as Indian Antelopes, are Indigenous to the Indian Subcontinent and are known for their striking spiral horn. Visiting a sanctuary that is dedicated to their preservation and protection can provide an opportunity to learn about the animals’ habitat.
History of Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar
Most of the people believe that this Black Buck Sanctuary in Abohar is owned by the government of Punjab, just like other Sanctuaries. But, in 1989 more than 13 villages near Abohar were declared a wildlife sanctuary for Black Bucks on the demand of Bishnois so that they can protect them. Therefore, the land that you notice today in Black Buck Sanctuary in Abohar is all Private land.
This historical background of this wildlife sanctuary makes this place unique and is owned entirely by private individuals or panchayats.
Things to Explore at Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar
There are a number of things that you can explore at Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar, let us have a look at some of them:
- Black Buck Sanctuary at Abohar is home to a plenty of wildlife animals, but the major tourists are attracted towards this sanctuary because of Black Bucks in the Sanctuary. You would be able to go for guided safaris to see these animals in their natural habitat.
- This sanctuary is also a heaven for all the birdwatchers, here you can find a wide variety of birds that includes species such as Indian Peafowl, Partridge, Quail, Sandgrouse, and more.
You are going to fall in love with the view of birds flying from one place to another. Secondly, if you are a wildlife photographer or just love to take pictures then you are going to get a number of spots for amazing photographs.
- You can take long nature walks in the sanctuary alongside learning how these people conserve all the black bucks and other wildlife animals here in the sanctuary.
Things to Keep in Mind During Your Trip
Here is the list of things that you can keep in your mind during your travel to Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar:
Firstly, make sure that you get the tickets before getting inside the Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar.
- Although you will be provided with proper security during the guided safari, but you need to keep in mind that you are not making loud noises or disturbing the natural habitat of the wild animals.
In this way, you can disturb them or they can attack your car as well.
- Whenever you are visiting a place like a wildlife sanctuary make sure that you are not keeping food items with you, as with the smell of food the animals will be attracted towards you. Secondly, if you are taking food items with you, then there are high chances that you will throw the plastic wrappers, which can lead to problems ahead.
- In case if you don’t want to be a part of the safari in the sanctuary and just have an outer look of this place, then there is a road that travels within the sanctuary to commute from one place to another.
You can use that road, and can have an outer look of the sanctuary along with the wildlife.
How to Reach
By Air: You can book a flight till Amritsar and then book a cab till Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar which is at a distance of around 230 kms.
By Rail: You can directly take a train till Abohar and then get an auto ride till the Black Buck Sanctuary.
By Road: You can plan a road trip easily till Black Buck Sanctuary Abohar.
- Johri Temple
The first nearby place is Johri Mandir and it is a temple of lord Hanuman which has a lot of historical stories. So if you want to check out the historical monuments and all then Johri Temple is the right spot for you.
- Nehru Park
If you want to check out good looking and well-maintained lawns then Nehru Park is the right spot for you. Here you can also find a few animals like rabbits, squirrels and more. If you want to plan a picnic during your trip to Abohar then Nehru Park can be the right spot for picnic as well.
There are a few shops around this park from where you can buy food items and more.
Food Items to Try Out in Abohar
Street food of Abohar city is extremely popular and we are going to mention a few food items from them here:
If you want to have homemade taste food then we would suggest you visit Nikku Chef store, where you can have his famous dal tadka. People from all over the Punjab visit here to have his dal tadka.
If you want to taste the actual spices of Punjab then having chollebhature is a must. You should have chollebhature from Janta Sweet House, Abohar.
Abohar is one such place in Punjab that is very close to the wildlife and the people here love and care for them alot. Black Buck Sanctuary is one such place because of which Abohar is famous and you will have a once in a lifetime experience here.
India is blessed with many attractive destinations and it is not that difficult to choose one for your next vacation. However, instead of picking the routine destinations, this time take your loved ones to any unexplored location and enjoy each moment. TheTravelB.Com is your best guide to select underrated destinations across India. Reach us @ https://thetravelb.com/contact-us/ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your experiences or for any suggestions.
More from Author